There is a known issue between the internet browser Google Chrome and Adobe Connect. When trying to use Google Chrome the Adobe Connect browser add-in fails to function properly:
- Chrome won't recognize the Adobe Connect Add-in is installed and the Meeting opens in Chrome and not in the Add-in.
- Certain functionallity will not work: cannot share your screen or desktop.
- The prompt to install the Adobe Connect Add-in keeps launching; and if attempted will not install.
To resolve this issue there are several workarounds:
- Use supported versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers instead of the Google Chrome browser.
- Within Chrome disable the default Flash Pepper (PPAPI) plug-in in Chrome 21:
- Type chrome://plugins in a browser tab (Figure 1).
- Expand Details in the upper-right area of the screen (Figure 1).
- Click Disable for the PPAPI Flash plug-in (Figure 2). Ensure that the NPAPI Flash plug-in listed below the PPAPI Flash plug-in is not disabled
- Refresh teh browser tab.